Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pete the Cat Inspired Beginning Reader

Pete the Cat by Eric Litwin, is a fantastic book. It's a must buy (with CD). My kids couldn't get enough of it last year. I can pretty much guarantee you all my kids could retell it word for word. So this year, I'm going to use Pete the Cat as my main book for my colors unit. In previous years, I've used Brown Bear, Brown Bear

I created a beginning reader to use for our shared reading to go along with Pete the Cat. It's very simple and follows the, I love my (insert color here) shoes, rhythm. My hope is that this book will;

1. teach & reinforce color recognition to my younger kids.
2. introduce color words (the written print) to my older kids.
3. build their confidence as readers.

Here are some pictures of the beginning reader, I Love My Colorful Shoes. You can download it at my tpt store. Clip-art is by KPM Doodles, and font is by Kimberly Geswein. 



Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts!




1 comment:

  1. Cute book Kristen.
    I have a Pete the Cat linky that I set up in July. It is still getting lots of traffic as teachers are back in school and sharing Pete with a new group of kids. It would be great if you would link up - and will probably send some new people your way.

    http://rubberbootsandelfshoes.blogspot.ca/2012/07/pete-is-throwing-linky-party-and-youre.html

    I am a new follower

    sandi

    ReplyDelete