Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

AHHHH! I haven't posted on my blog in almost two months. I had parent teacher conferences, report cards, my hubby and I started house hunting, etc. life has been crazy. But hopefully I can get back in the swing of blogging regularly. 

We had fun celebrating Thanksgiving last week. We made Thanksgiving placemats.


 They added a feather for each letter of their names. We wrote things they were thankful for around the turkey. They turned out really cute. I love the "chalkboard" look. Really it's just black construction paper and a white crayon. 



We made turkey magnets. These were super easy and the kids had a lot of fun. I got the idea from Momma's Fun World. The feathers are coffee filters "painted" with bingo dabbers. (Which you can find at the Dollar Tree!) Then have the kids cut out a circle for the turkey head, glue on wiggly eyes, beak, waddle, and feet. Tada! (Oh yeah, and add magnets to the back.)


To conclude our week, we had a Thanksgiving Feast. My first year teaching we did a true Thanksgiving Feast with pretty much every Thanksgiving food you can think of. But with one microwave and no access to a kitchen, the kiddos weren't able to help as much as I wanted them to. So last year, we didn't really do anything. This year was perfect! My wonderful and very talented TA made the turkey and I made macaroni & cheese in a coffee pot. It was the perfect amount of festivities. The kiddos loved it. 


Our very realistic looking turkey. 


My TA is carving the turkey, I wonder what's inside? 


The turkey was filled with puff corn! (kernel less popcorn. Popcorn is still considered a choking hazard for our age group.) This was a pinterest idea. Detailed instructions can be found on say yes to hoboken

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now to turn on some Christmas music . . . 




No comments:

Post a Comment